Crayon Shin-chan takes place in Japan.
Relevant places in the series
- Kasukabe: city in the Saitama Prefecture where the Nohara family lives.
- Tokyo: the capital, the Noharas sometimes visit Tokyo.
- Akita: located in the north of the country, the parents of Hiroshi, Ginnosuke and Tsuru Nohara, live here.
- Kyushu: it is the third largest island in Japan, the parents of Misae, Hisae and Yoshiji Koyama, live here.
- Osaka: Osaka is a large city in Japan, to which the Noharas have gone several times. Hiroshi has gone more often, since his work involved some trips to Osaka.
- Hokkaido: island where the Noharas went on vacation once.
- Kumamoto: city in the island of Kyushu, it is the town of birth of Misae and the Koyama family.
- Ōmiya Station
- In Japan there traffic is left-handed, same as the UK, India or Australia. Therefore, the driver's seat in cars is on the left side of the vehicle.
- Despite most Japanese don't have a defined religion, several traditions can be seen in the series, such as Christmas or Tanabata.
- Japan's most popular sport is baseball. However, many sports have been depicted in the series besides from baseball, such as football, golf, tennis, volleyball, sumo fighting or boxing.
- Reading manga is a hobby shared by people of all ages. Shinnosuke and Masao are the ones in the series that follow manga more enthusiastically, being their favourite one Fubukimaru by Usuto Yoshii.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.