As Crayon Shin-chan is a very popular anime and manga series, there are many references (parodies) to the series in other manga and anime. Other characters have also made cameos in the Crayon Shin-chan series as well.
- 1 Spring Anime Festival
- 2 KochiKame
- 3 Tarzan
- 4 Astro Boy
- 5 The Lord of the Rings
- 6 Bottom Biting Bugs
- 7 Lupin the Third (Lupin III)
- 8 Pokémon (Pocket Monsters)
- 9 Gundam
- 10 Kamen Rider
- 11 Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson
- 12 Dragon Ball
- 13 Hop-o'-My-Thumb
- 14 The Three Little Pigs
- 15 Doraemon
- 16 Keroro Gunso
- 17 Lucky Star
- 18 Super Milk Chan
- 19 Denki-gai no Honya-san
- 20 Atashin'chi
- 21 Star Wars
- 22 Detective Conan
- 23 Akazukin ChaCha
- 24 Pinocchio
- 25 Sailor Moon
- 26 Yoshito Usui
- 27 Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
- 28 Keiji Fujiwara
- 29 Tonikaku Akarui Yasumura
- 30 Yo-kai Watch
- 31 Ge Mei Lia
- 32 Profession
- 33 PlayStation 2 (PS2)]
- 34 Stingy Family
- 35 References
Tarzan parody in SPECIAL 14b (父ちゃんもがんばってるゾ).
Astro Boy parody in SPECIAL 14a (超ヒーロー 鉄骨しんちゃんだゾ).
The Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings parody in SPECIAL 52c (ロード・オブ・ザ・イカリング 第一部 旅の仲間だゾ), SPECIAL 52d and SPECIAL 52e.
Bottom Biting Bugs
The Bottom Biting Bugs (おしりかじり虫) appear in the episode 616a (ハナカミ王子だゾ). Shin-chan points out that there's a report in a newspaper that they were releasing a new CD.
Lupin the Third (Lupin III)
Lupin the Third parody in episode 440a (ヌパン4世登場だゾ). In SPECIAL 38b two robbers enter the Nohara house, one of them is named "Lopin" and references Lupin the Third.
Pokémon (Pocket Monsters)
In SPECIAL 24c (福引きで温泉に行きたいゾ) Shinnosuke fantasizes about shooting a parody of a Pikachu doll to get a girl's admiration. In the Hindi dub the doll was referred as "Mokepon".
Kuntam Robo is a parody of Gundam.
Action Mask is a parody of Kamen Rider.
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson
In episode 46b (オラは名探偵だゾ) Kazama and Shinnosuke are respectively a parody of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
Shin-chan uses Frieza's mask and acts like Frieza in volume 1. In volume 10, Misae is calling for Shin-chan while he is watching a parody of Dragon Ball Z, Shinnosuke is disobedient and doesn't answer and Misae ends up attacking him with a Kame-hame-ha-like energy attack.
In SPECIAL 16a (ＳＦ殺人サイボーグだゾ) Kazama of the future travels back in time to inform the characters of the imminent arrival of a dangerous cyborg. This story is a parody of the one seen in the Dragon Ball Z series and in-depth special The History of Trunks, where Trunks of the future travels back in time to inform the characters of the imminent arrival of dangerous cyborg C-17 and C-18.
In SPECIAL 18c (パフィーも出るの？ ひまわりのかぐや姫だゾ) Himawari become Thumbelina.
The Three Little Pigs
SPECIAL 20a (オラたち三匹の子豚だゾ 第一話) and 20b (オラたち三匹の子豚だゾ 最終話) parodies the fairy tale The Three Little Pigs.
Doraemon parody in Crayon Shin-chan.
In episode 328 of Keroro Gunso from 7:16 on. Among others it references Shinnosuke's famous 'Buri Buri' (ass dance).
Konata smiles like Shinnosuke and starts to act like him.
Super Milk Chan
The protagonist is 5 years old and also makes an obvious reference to Shin Chan in episode 3 showing Milk-chan watching Shin-san ("Mr. Shin" is the translation) on TV, an adult version of Shinnosuke who wants to play with children even though he is a mature man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_cGY09tlDQ&feature=youtu.be&t=6m14s
Denki-gai no Honya-san
Reference to the series' art style in episode 5.
Shinnosuke appeared in Atashin'chi in various shorts because the anime was broadcasted on TV Asahi, where Crayon Shin-Chan is also broadcasted.
See SPECIAL 18.
Detective Conan parody in SPECIAL 33a (トレジャーハンターみさえ 酢乙女家の一族) and SPECIAL 42-4 (ミッチーの元カレ?だゾ).
Shinnosuke is seen along with other kids.
Pinocchio was parodied in episode 202a (世界迷作しんのキオだゾ) dubbed by Vitello in English as The Story of Shinocchio.
- Shin-chan's neighbor Yoshirin collected Sailor Moon dolls, among other merchandise from magical girl TV shows. His wife Micchi often referred to it as an embarrassing hobby.
- When Yumi Soka, Shin-chan's father's secretary, gave a home-made sweater to Shin-chan's father, she parodied Sailor Moon's speech and final pose by saying "If you don't try it on, I will punish you on behalf on the moon!".
- In episode 104 of the Sailor Moon anime, there was a doll based off Shinnosuke Nohara from Crayon Shin-chan. The owner of the doll himself was named Shinnosuke and had very similar characteristics to the character from that show. This episode also featured Crayon Shin-chan's voice actresses Akiko Yajima (Shinnosuke and Tamasaburou) and Miki Narahashi (Shinnosuke's mother and Chagama), who played Shinnosuke Nohara and his mother Misae Nohara, respectively, in that show.
In the Crayon Shin-chan series, the show Bishoujo Gundan Sailor Mufoon H probably aired on TV Asahi, since a Sailor Mufoon advertisement could be seen in one of the TV Asahi offices when Shin-chan and his mother were there in one episode. The main character of the show was also called "Sailor Mufoon." Sailor Mufoon characters wore tiaras and outfits resembling Minako Aino's first sailor fuku, and made speeches that sounded similar to Sailor Moon's. When Sailor Mufoon made her speech, dango on sticks could be seen in the background, as a reference to Sailor Moon's odango hairstyle.
- In episode 109 of Crayon Shin-chan, Shin-chan and Misae went to a Sailor Mufoon doujinshi convention where all the female cosplayers were dressed as Sailor Mufoon characters. The only male cosplayer there wore an outfit similiar to Tuxedo Mask's.
- In another episode, Aya Hisakawa, Emi Shinohara, and Kae Araki played "Sailor Iyaan," "Sailor Bakaan," and "Sailor Mufoon," respectively, a group of teenage cosplayers who appeared at a cultural festival.
- Ryūko Okegawa, the leader of a gang of high school girls who often ran into Shin-chan, had a secret hobby of dressing up as Sailor Mufoon. In one episode she also wore panties with a design of rabbits and crescents, similar to Usagi's bedspread in the anime. She also wore a school uniform similar to Makoto Kino's, with an extra long skirt which was a symbol of delinquent or gangster school girls at the time the two series aired.
- In a special episode of Crayon Shin-chan featuring Action Kamen, the title character and his friend Mimiko Sakura went to watch a movie called Sailor Mufoon SS.
- Mimiko Sakura, one of the characters from Shin-chan's favorite live-action series, Action Kamen, gained the power to transform into a sailor-suited heroine called "Sailor Mimiko" in order to save the series' main hero, Action Kamen. Her transformation and attack item was the neckerchief of her sailor fuku, and she had love and boomerang-based powers. Later in the series, she gained a more elaborate and colorful sailor fuku, which included a Sailor V-like mask. She also wore an odango hairstyle in her civilian identity and as Sailor Mimiko.
- Many Japanese voice actors from the Sailor Moon anime play roles or have played roles on Crayon Shin-chan over the years: Michie Tomizawa as Matsuzaka-sensei; Kotono Mitsuishi as Ageo-sensei; Aya Hisakawa, Emi Shinohara, and Kae Araki as Sailor Iyaan, Sailor Bakaan, and Sailor Mufoon, respectively; Kazuyuki Sogabe as James; Megumi Hayashibara as Chris Evert; and Megumi Ogata as Yoko.
In an episode of the Yo-kai Watch anime series, Katie referenced Shinnosuke's famous Buri Buri butt dance.
Ge Mei Lia
In an 4 Panel Comic the Action Mask make an cameo appearance as a toy.
In volume 28 chapter 2, Shinnosuke appeared as an one of the YouTube's videos' thumbnail.
PlayStation 2 (PS2)]
In a random episode of Shin-chan the PS2 was shown as "MS2".
Due to the insane popularity of Crayon Shin-chan series in South Korea, in volume 4 Shinnosuke makes an cameo appearance on TV.
- Yo-Kai Watch: https://www.youtube.com/dpLUmWwvrGY